Didn't mean to tork anyone off here...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Martin Q. Blank from 207-172-102-182.s563.tnt2.sbo.ma.dialup.rcn.com on April 08, 2000 at 16:00:34:

In Reply to: Does anyone else just not want to see an Indy 4? posted by Martin Q. Blank on April 07, 2000 at 08:58:41:

...nor am I apologizing for what I said...I just think the trilogy is a neat unit, and the three principals involved have moved on to other things:

- Lucas with his new SW series

- Spielberg with his parade of projects that don't seem to include another 'Indy'

- Ford with, I hate to say, a fairly uneven track record since 1989, to say the least. Yes, there were the Jack Ryan movies, 'The Fugitive' (my pick as his best post-Indy movie), maybe 'Air Force One'...but also a lot of disappointments. Anyway, he seems to be trying to take a page from his 'dad' Connery and age gracefully as far as the roles he selects as he gets older, but he needs to stay away from the lame romances where he gets cuddly with women young enough to be his daughter.

If I were any of the above guys, I'd be like 'I've DONE this three times.' And sometimes more. Spielberg returned to adventure movies with the JP films. Ford did likewise with the Jack Ryan series and 'The Fugitive.'

Personally I would rather see new concepts on the same caliber as 'Indy' from at least two of the three principals. I don't particularly give a toss what Lucas does.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]