THE MUMMY & devil's advocacy

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by New Jersey Hughes from dialup73253.speedfactory.net on April 08, 2000 at 16:56:08:

In Reply to: Re: The Mummy II to follow in Indy's footsteps? posted by Shannon (last name) on April 08, 2000 at 11:24:14:

Not trying to pick a fight here, but did you really think THE MUMMY was a 'great' film? I saw it for it's Indiana Jones pedigree, and enjoyed parts of it, surely. But was it really 'great', in your opinion?

We're all entitled to our respective opinions, and I'm curious to hear someone else's description of what made it 'great' to them. Again, I'm not trying to be an a$$hole, just trying to get someone to quantify their opinion of a film I personally thought could have been a LOT better, and maybe get a nice, tertiary-to-Indy film discussion going...

Personally? I would really have preferred it if THE MUMMY was a full-up horror film, a quip-ridden adventure flick, or a comedy - but not all three at the same time. I felt that trying to be all things to all people kind of weakened the film's respective attempts at horror, adventure, and comedy.

But what do I know; I bought the damn thing on home video, anyway. Guess I didn't think it was TOO awful, hunh?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]