Re: THE MUMMY & devil's advocacy

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from 150.182.1.47 on April 09, 2000 at 15:49:12:

In Reply to: Re: THE MUMMY & devil's advocacy posted by Shannon (last name) on April 09, 2000 at 15:33:02:

: I didn't really consider it to be GREAT great, the kind of great that will stand as a monument to the ages, like the Indy films, but I thought that the whole thing was a nice piece of work that is fun to watch. Anyway, the blending of those three film genres kept me from getting bored with any one style. I think fear and humor go very well together, because they basically sum up the two ways you can react to life.

Well, like you say, it's all in what your defination of "great" is. Let's say that that the Mummy was excellent entertainment, and it did keep the story moving along, so you can't point at any real dead spots in the telling. In my defination, I have to say the point that when I walk out of the theater and am pleased that I had shelled out the $6.75 for a ticket, and would actually consider going and seeing it again (which I did), then the movie was a total success in it's treatment of THIS particular movie goer. As you say, your defination of "great" and mine are probably worlds apart, but it is food for thought. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]