Re: Indy IV - News from England

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anonymous from mw-204-80-123-10.metawire.com on July 08, 1998 at 14:19:00:

In Reply to: Indy IV - News from England posted by Tim Wilson on July 08, 1998 at 10:06:12:

: Hi, all Indy fans. I'm new to the internet and was fortunate to find this site, and I'm glad to see there are still so many Indy fans out there, and what a great site. News, views, and where to get a real Indy jacket (which I've already ordered).

: Anyway, a UK sci-fi magazine recently published in it's news section a detailed report on "Indiana Jones and the Ultimate Destiny" (ie Indy IV). The article went in to much more detail than I will here but the story begins in the "Young Indy" era and we see a young Indy, a young Marion (which supports reports of her return) and Abner, and we get to see what the big falling out was all about. The story then jumps forward to the 1950's where Indy has "retired" into the role of museum curator after the death of Marcus. Then Henry Jones Snr tells Indy from his death bed (this "brief" role for Sean Connery is supported by a report in the English press of Mr Connery will receive 15 million for only two weeks work reprising his role although they stated the movie would be entitled "Raiders of the Fallen Empire") of a failed quest he was part of years earlier to discover the remains of the garden of Eden in the mountains of Tibet, so Indy dusts off his hat and whip and sets off adventuring again. The piece also mentioned Mark Hamill is in discussion for a "bad guy" role.

: Also, candid photographs appeared in another English newspaper showing Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, and Steven Spielberg all entering George Lucas' London offices for an Indy IV meeting. This was then followed by a "Film '98" special (England's No1 and best film show) in which Mr Spielberg was interviewed for 30 minutes and when asked if there would ever be another ET or Indiana Jones he said there would never be another ET but he was definately doing another Indy once he, George Lucas, and Harrison Ford could find the time.

: I was glad to see such a strong reaction to the Sandra Bullock story, it would be good to see a Forum about who people would like to see in the film.

: Keep cracking the whip,
: Tim

Tim, where on earth did you read this article? Everything mentioned within it is a hoax. It was posted on the internet ages ago.

I know because I'm the one who posted it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]