More Russian translations

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Freudenthal from ws155.walker.msstate.edu on April 10, 2000 at 13:34:43:

In Reply to: Re: Judging from what I've read on this board so far... posted by graml on April 10, 2000 at 07:54:39:

: :     ?... am I the only one here who actually likes Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine? :(

: :
: : -G

: Hey. I know what you mean. I got it two weeks ago (Boy! Am I out of the loop!), and I love it. I've kept my mouth shut because it seems like most praise for IM gets roundly booed around these here parts.
: -graml
: PS Ever notice that when a Soviet soldier spots you he seems to yell "Hey Tim!"? I'm sure he must be yelling something in Russian. But lately I've been mentally calling Indy "Tim". Its scary what video games can do to you.

I really like the Infernal Machine game--I hesitated to get it at first, because of all the so-so reviews, but once I got the demo, I found myself playing it over and over again (running down commies with the jeep is great fun). I find the game to be much better than the original Tomb Raider game (which was fun for a while, but grew stale). Infernal Machine has a real story, and both the cut sequences and gameplay have those little additional elements that make it feel like a movie.

Sometimes I get stuck, and when I do I go to http://indy.infernalmachine.net

On their FAQ they have a list of translations of what the Russians are saying, which is copied below:

"-Hey, you!
-You, again!
-Halt! Come back here!
-What a pretty leather jacket! (When Indy gets killed).
-Capitalistic Fool! (some soldiers pronounce it like "Capitalitic" ? very funny)

In Russian it sounds very funny ?with a huge accent. Also Volodnikov frequently mispronounces some Russian words, apparently reading them from Latin transcription."

Freudenthal

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]