Exactimundo, man! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from 216-119-15-31.o1.jps.net on April 10, 2000 at 15:26:53:

In Reply to: Bud Arc, nice - hah! I was nice once! posted by Hannibal King on April 10, 2000 at 09:22:25:

: This isn't Indy related but I find that nice gets you buddies, nice gets you compliments, but nice either, as you say gets big muddy footprints all over your soul or the eternal phrase "why can't my boyfriend be more like you? You're like a brother to me!" and it seems that no matter what jacket or hat you wear it makes no odds.

: As a friend of mine said (and he knows who he is) I'd love to meet a Marion or even a Willie, but I always seem to end up with an Elsa" - as in stomach Elsa!

: I think that's why Indy appeals so much as a character in that he lives the ideal fantasy lifestyle. I mean you go about pushing Germans off of moving trucks these days and iot's trouble all the way!!! I have noticed something about posting though it seems that people start visiting and posting five times a day for the first few months (not a criticism, just an observation) and then they all seem to kind of wane (not everyone but a high proportion) and that's part of the beauty of the forum - it's kind of welcoming and you feel legitimate in doing that. Before I came here I never realised that Indy had such a dedicated fan base and it's inspired and validated my interest and hobbies.

: Cheers Micah, and all the posters - good, bad and ugly, funny and serious!

: Hannibal

: : First of all, I must clarify that every single Indyfan here has a their own separate brand of humor that I find most amusing (in a good way, of course!). The reason you probably notice ours the most is because we post so dang often that it's impossible to avoid reading at least one per day! But it's good to know that you guys are reading them, at least...I was getting the impression that you guys would see a "Bud-Arc" or "Graml" in the name-slot and pass it by.

: : By the way, it's interesting that you say that, because any person who knows me personally will tell you that I am a serious, quiet, nice guy (lies, all lies!). And let me tell you, the "nice" part doesn't go over very well with the ladies...I'm what you would call a "doormat"; that is, used, stepped on, beaten (?), etc. Anyway, I guess the Indyfan Forum is a way for me to be outgoing and express myself as much as I like, since I don't do it out here in the "real" world. Wow, I can't believe I've only been here four months! :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]