I agree as well

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DeWayne from ppp411.elkgrove.net on April 12, 2000 at 06:51:26:

In Reply to: Agreed... (nm) posted by Patterson on April 11, 2000 at 17:21:44:

: : The "version" of the jacket only refers to the design, not the type of leather. I don't think Wested is that sophisticated. If you have a larger collar and press studs on the flap, you have a Crusade version. If not, you don't. While they may have had different loooking leathers in the 3 movies, I'm pretty sure Wested uses the same leather on all 3 styles of jackets, and the only determinant of the color is what type of leather you ask for, not the style of jacket. Did you get the pre-distressed version? If not, perhaps yours was made from a lighter batch of lambskin. There is some variation in color among the hides I'm sure.

: : Cheers,
: : Abner

Having a version from each movie (plus an extra Raiders one), I can say that they definately use the same leather for every style. All of mine are the new lambskin finish. I ordered them each four months apart, and there is little to no difference in the feel and color of each one. The only difference would seem to be the slight differences in material that they are using at the time.
Even the linings in mine are slightly different shades, as well as label and tag variations, etc.
See ya! DeWayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]