Wonder when they'll straighten this out...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah from indyfan.com on April 12, 2000 at 10:14:25:

In Reply to: News about IndianaJones.com...BAD NEWS ABOUT IndianaJones.com! posted by Indiana Shorty on April 12, 2000 at 04:53:45:

Several on the Forum noticed that IndianaJones.com was down when it first happened. I called the number that was on the WHOIS entry. The number was still correct at that time, because the change hadn't propagated to whois.userland.com yet. The PR folks, at least the person who answered the phone, were unaware of the problem. She left the phone for a while and returned to thank me for pointing it out and that it was a minor technical glitch that would be fixed shortly. I'm sorry for misleading you in my message about this below, but I was misled. It's funny because I asked them specifically whether A.) IndianaJones.com was being decommissioned or B.) someone stole the domain. I'd heard about this sort of thing happening when a domain registration expired. Someone could jump in while Lucasfilm was asleep at the wheel. I just got a chuckle... I guess they aren't laughing now.

--Micah

:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: