Re: I GOT MY ALDEN'S!!!!!!! and questions about color

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dakota Ellison from ckcfpxy1.att.com on April 12, 2000 at 17:36:31:

In Reply to: I GOT MY ALDEN'S!!!!!!! and questions about color posted by Indiana Jimmie on April 12, 2000 at 15:36:46:

: Ok, guys...I recv'd my Aldens today, and , after approx. 3 hours of wearing them around outside, I gotta tell ya that these are just about the most comfortable boots I have ever owned!!
: BUT...
: When I ordered them, the form said BROWN...but the box they came in says BRICK....has anyone darkened thiers? And how did it take?
: Now I just turn in Mr Reciept to the Expense Dept at work, and voila!! THEY pay for the boots...woo hoo!!

: Later all,
: Indiana Jimmie

: PS...just got a good look at the replies of all of the various people who frequent here from all over the world...WOW!!!

: PPS....IndianaJones.com is in the hands of an evil madman!!!

: "Why don't you come on down here and I'll show ya!"

I've had my Aldens since last August, about 8 months now. When I
got 'em, they were a reddish brown and so shiny you could see yourself in them. The shine lasted about two weeks, then I hit'em
lightly with some real fine sandpaper. Perfect, and I've worn'em
every day.
Well, about a month ago, the Ides of March, I decided to get'em reheeled, so I took'em to Mcmahon Shoes here in Atlanta, who, though they don't carry the 405's, do carry Aldens and have cobblers on site. Took them in at 10:00 and got them back at 1:00. By this time
they were looking real good, scuffed to perfection. I forgot what
cobblers do to scuffed shoes. I got them back and they were almost as shiny as the day I got them. But they were now a nice brown with no
red. Since then they've taken on a whole new look and I'm just letting
them age naturally. Remember, in the movies a prop man comes over to Harrison Ford and dumps the dust color of the day on his Aldens. What a shoe!
Cheers
Ellison

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: