Do you go to the site often?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian K. from kbowen.xyplex.com on April 12, 2000 at 18:33:08:

In Reply to: I've been hearing all this stuff about IndianaJones.com's problems being hacked, etc. but whenever I go check it out for myself.... THE SITE APPEARS FINE! (not that I should be complaining) I don't get it (nm) posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert on April 12, 2000 at 17:28:27:

If you go to the site often, then it's quite possible that the page is coming up fine. Sounds to me like someone was able to redirect DNS queries for the name indianajones.com to another IP address. If this is the case, then any computer attempting to contact the server through the name indianajones.com would get redirected by the DNS domain controllers of the ISP to a specific address that the hackers intended. If you know the IP address of the machine and type it specifically, or your machine has the IP addressed cached, and therefore does not do a DNS lookup, then your computer sends a direct query to the IP address of Lucasfilm's server, and you see the page just fine.

Regards,
Brian K.

: : I think its Lucas....i think he's gonna change indianajones.com!...maybe he is changing indianajones.com maybe its a new indy special edition trilogy(ok ok so maybe not) maybe its the new Young Indy videos...it might even be a new Indy Trilogy DVD BOXED SET!(it aint gonna happen i know)...indianajones.com aint hacked!...its LUCAS!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]