Sound of deep sigh (nim)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from mariner.org on April 14, 2000 at 11:36:29:

In Reply to: But...(nim) posted by bud-arc on April 14, 2000 at 10:15:16:

: : : : Why did Shorty come back? When he was selling opium (sorry for perpetuating this rumor, old buddy), the Turks kept saying "We're not gonna take it." Get it? Man, I am good!
: : : : -graml

: : : Hey, would you mind disecting that joke for me, as I didn't exactly get it. Just pretend that I'm some idiotic lame-brain who couldn't understand a thing even if it hit him on the head (shouldn't be too hard...).

: : : P.S. Let me tell you, this is really humiliating for me to admit this, so do me a favor and don't rub it in THAT much. :)

: : Sometimes I forget that I have much clearer memories of the 1980s than others. Sorry. "We're not gonna take it" was Twisted Sister's biggest hit. It was the anthem for all rebelious teenagers who liked wearing makeup and big blonde wigs. 1985 was a very weird time, I kid you not. But my best friend Jeff had a Temple of Doom lunchbox, so 1985 wasn't too hopeless...
: : -graml

: Yeah, I understand the Twisted Sister part, but why would the Turks be saying that? And what does opium have to do with it? Sorry, if I screwed up your joke, but I admit it, I'm dense.

I hate to explain my jokes into the ground, but here goes: See, drugs (such as opium) are bad. Therefore, the Turks (who do not want to do drugs) are refusing Short Round's offer to supply them with illegal narcotics, such as opium. So they quote the aforementioned Twisted Sister song. Remember "Just Say No" rallies back in the 80s. Yeah, those REALLY worked. Snicker snicker...
-graml
PS Bud, if you want any more clarification, just email me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]