Re: This time I got it right... On Lucas...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from tnt01-52-56.barrie.bconnex.net on April 15, 2000 at 06:55:33:

In Reply to: This time I got it right... On Lucas... posted by Fool Guy on April 15, 2000 at 06:00:03:

Hi New Guy:
Well - I think a lot of people forget that the original Star Wars movies and the Indy movies were filmed very close together. Also, in the film business (I have gathered) it's obvious that schedules change overnight, and often rumours are started in the trades and never come to fruition.
One thing that comes to mind - we know that all of 'Episode II' (god I hate calling them that) will be filmed with digital cameras which could significantly cut down on post-production time. Spielberg was editing 'Jurassic Park' while he was filming 'Schindler's List' andlook how those two turned out. My point is that a lot of people assume a film maker works on one project at a time - that's why they have 2nd unit director's etc...Lucas would obviously pen the story, Spielberg would obviously direct and Ford would obviously star.
So, 1)A good story could write itslef 2)Spielberg's schedule is still anybosy's guess 3) Ford would have to give up a mere 6 months or so of his life. Everyone assumes that there will be no Indy until after Episode III - remember history folks!
Cheers (and apologies for disjointed thoughts)
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]