Re: Reasons Indy should never be released on DVD

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by amadán from ts01-006.athlone.indigo.ie on April 15, 2000 at 13:48:18:

In Reply to: Reasons Indy should never be released on DVD posted by Montana Ted on April 15, 2000 at 09:18:49:

: I think it is a bad idea for the Indy films to be released on DVD.
I agree 100% with you. Lucasfilm should never allow the Indy films onto DVD. It's a bad idea

: First, the films are very old and will not look good in the DVD format.
My sentiments exactly. I mean, 1981 is like an eternity ago and it's a miracle they were even able to find colour stock to make the film. I heard Steven Spielberg got his hands on some Technicolor stock from a skip behind Paramount Pictures.

: Second, very few people own DVDs so it makes no sense for Lucasfilm to produce that format.
Nope. Nobody owns DVD players. I think there might be one on my PC but I find it makes a better coffee mug holder

: Third, videotape is a superior medium.
Definitely. I love videotape's distinctive soft-focus picture quality. Better still are the crackly white lines which appear if you pause a tape too much

: Fourth, DVD is going to be replaced soon with a superior technology.
The superior technology is here already! Videotape is here to stay

: Fifth, Lucas doesn't need the money.
I heard he frittered away his millions backing horses at 100/1 at race meetings. He just might need the money

: I don't think any of you can come up with even one reason why Indy should be on DVD. Can you?

No way. I mean, what do we need crisp clear picture quality, deleted scenes, commentaries, stills, trailers and other goodies for>

Amadán

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]