Re: Phobias

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from sdn-ar-001vannewP203.dialsprint.net on April 15, 2000 at 15:51:02:

In Reply to: Phobias posted by K. Allard on April 15, 2000 at 12:33:38:

: Does anyone know of a phobia, in which a war pilot who had survived many troubles, would have, preferably some sort of animal... this is for my fan fiction, I know I'm gonna get a bunch of flames for posting this here but oh well. You see raidwers indy hated snakes, TOD willy hated bugs, LC dad hates rats

Ah, phobias. Everyone's got one! I think a fighter pilot (I'm assuming your "war pilot" was a fighter pilot...) might suffer from claustriphobia (fear of enclosed spaces) due to the cramped conditions of a plane's cockpit. But if you want animals, how about something that flies? Bats? Eagles, maybe? Those wretched little brown beetles that swarm in your yard during summer and try to fly right up your nose? (My fellow Southerners no doubt know what I'm talking about...) Just my two cents.
-graml
PS The captain of the luxury liner Lusitania was petrified of seagulls. And after the ship sank, when he was floating around in the Irish Sea, he kept thinking that seagulls were trying to swoop down on him. (He even perpetuated a rumor that a number of bodies that had washed ashore after the sinking had had their eyes pecked out by seagulls!) For the rest of his life, the poor old guy carried a rifle everywhere he went and shot at any seagull he ever saw. Sorry for telling a long-winded seagull story, but working in a museum will do this to you...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]