The movies are cut even more than they used to be now!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kenneth. from 212.120.136.146 on April 15, 2000 at 19:39:16:

In Reply to: UK Versions of the Indy trilogy posted by LoveDemon on April 15, 2000 at 18:55:15:

TOD has been cut more with this release,which is crap.
Regards,
Ken.

: Are the indy movies uncut in the UK nowadays?

: About 5 years ago I bought a box imported from the UK with the three movies in widescreen + a fourth tape ("The making of Raiders of the Lost Ark"), and was dissapointed to see that there were some scenes missing, especially from "Temple of Doom" - Mola Ram ripping the heart out, the guy being sent into the lava pit, Short Round getting whipped + some other changes...

: I found this information about Temple of Doom in the alternate versions-section on us.imdb.com:

: "The UK versions have lost some of the gorier moments to get a PG certificate. These include cuts to the hand in the chest scene, and of the victim in flames shortly after that. The BBFC refused to restore these scenes for a later boxed set release because Spielberg had not given his personal permission. It thus remains as a cut PG in all releases."

: The box they are refering to is the old one, not the newly released. I want to buy the new THX remastered box (UK PAL- version), but only if the movies are un-cut, so if someone could shed some light over this I would be very happy.

: Thanks,
: LD

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: