Aha!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aaron from usr1-modem047.runestone.net on July 09, 1998 at 21:40:24:

In Reply to: Woops, sorry posted by Mack on July 09, 1998 at 17:45:51:

: Walker, I'm sorry for mistaking you for the person who came up with the Chinese communist idea. I thought of turning them into the Japanese, but they had surrendered a year earlier, so that wouldn't make much sense, either. So now we're stuck. What are we going to do with the oriental fellows that chased Indy though London? I just thought of something! They COULD be Chinese Nationalists to Chiang Kei-shek. You see, he is the leader of China at this time and China is undergoing a civil war between Nationalists and Communists. Perhaps this is a bit of real history we could incorperate into the novel. But someone else has to write the next chapter because I have no freakin idea as to what could be in that package, and would like for someone else to clear that up.

: Mack

Aha! I thought that there were perhaps at least beginnings of Communism in China at this time [much like the roots of Nazism idea explored in IJ and the Hollow Earth]. This definetly sounds like the way to go. However, I doubt I could write the next chapter using this idea, because, as you have no doubt seen, my knowledge of Chinese history is not very all-encompassing. However, this sounds like a good idea, let's run with it!

~Aaron

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]