Casting in Retrospect...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0429.cvx7-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on April 17, 2000 at 21:11:43:

In Reply to: Why not Selleck? posted by Michaelson on April 17, 2000 at 19:09:52:

It seems to me that whenever a part has been successfully played by a particular actor, it becomes very difficult to see someone else in that role. Especially when the role becomes a phenomenon. For example Sean Connery is still considered the best Bond by many. I am not sure that is because he is the best actor to play Bond or because he was the first who created the on-screen persona of Bond and made it a favorite with the audience. Also, all this easily leads to type casting. It took Connery, who in my opinion is a terrific actor a long time to do other movies than Bond that the audience was willing to see. Chris Walken as Han Solo? Who can say how that would have turned out? However, if a role has been miscast, then I often wonder: Who could have played that part? It is easy to criticise a miscast actor
but very hard to imagine someone else in a well cast part. Just my thoughts. Fall Guy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]