Indy ISNT going through the same-old same-old! Type-o. Sorry.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tiga Forever from ts001d13.las-nv.concentric.net on April 18, 2000 at 05:42:18:

In Reply to: Sure newbies, don't even MENTION the novel that explains everything you need to know about Indy's flying skills, a novel that everyone dissed just because Indy going through the same-old same-old! (nim, unless you count the one you just read) posted by Tiga Forever on April 18, 2000 at 05:40:50:

: : Y'know...there IS one of the novels where he gets married, only to lose the girl in a plane crash....in the novel, he is learning to fly.....but never getas a chance to practice a landing...Hmmmmmm...
: : I think you're right.
: : Indiana Jimmie

:
: : : Concerning Indy's ability to fly: When questioned about whether or not he can fly in Temple of Doom and Last Crusade he answers in the negative. Ever consider that he might just be giving sarcastic answers? When Willie Scott asks him if he knows how to fly in the Ford Tri-Motor, I think he's having a little fun at her expense when he answers, "No, do you? How hard can it be," because he immediately begins to scan the instruments: "Altitude, airspeed, fuel...FUEL!" He seems to know where to find these particular instruments on the panel and that they are the important ones. As irritating as Wilie Scott was, I don't think most of us would have been able to resist that temptation either. I doubt that I would have. I also figure his "Fly, yes. Land, no," is a self mocking appraisal of his luck with aircraft he's had to jump into in the past. After all, he manages to get the little biplane from the zeppelin down on the ground without killing or injuring himself or his passenger. As pilots say: "Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing."
: : : That's how I seeit.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]