Hmm...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah from indyfan.com on April 18, 2000 at 09:20:13:

In Reply to: MICAH, YOUR ANALOGY IS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. posted by California Mike on April 17, 2000 at 19:05:48:

: Kind of like a child asking a parent for keys to the family car. When we don't get it, we stomp around a little bit and say bad things about them. That doesn't mean we don't appreciate everything they've ever done for us.
: --Nobody here has ever posted that they don't appreciate the work Luca$ has done, but there's a lot of REALLY AWFUL stuff he's done that has been rightfully attacked. On the whole there's a lot more praise. Additionally, I've seen a lot more reason, thought, and logic in the attacks against Luca$'s marketing schemes and recent efforts than I've seen in the attempts to defend him, which consist mainly of "He's our daddy, he's produced all this great stuff, let's bow down and be thankful."

: That last line sounded kind of patronizing, but since you so obviously intended your message to be read that way, I responded in kind.

I was trying to explain that although sometimes people write nasty comments, they don't come from true hatred, but rather disappointment when Lucas doesn't live up to their glorified, larger-than-life ideals.

--Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]