Re: Indy DVD?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian K. from kbowen.xyplex.com on April 19, 2000 at 23:58:56:

In Reply to: Indy DVD? posted by Afro Dogwhelk on April 19, 2000 at 21:15:51:

Ya know, I'm getting fairly tired of this. And by this I'm not referring to your post, but of Mr. Lucas's attitude. I personally could care less about Star Wars, when or if it is ever released on DVD. I feel completely ignored and marginalized as an Indy fan by this man. Every time we turn around, someone complains about Star Wars DVD's. WHERE'S THE INDY DVD DRIVE?!?! No one seems to care that this equally good ( I would argue better ) trilogy is not on DVD and that annoys me to no end. We see the Star Wars on DVD internet drive, open letters to Mr. Lucas on the subject in magazines, and yet still...STILL... no one has said anything to him about Indy. Are there that many less fans of Indy that we can't even scrape together a wimper against the thousands of screams hurled at Lucas for not putting Star Wars on DVD. I look on DVDFile.com...Star Wars not on DVD, Star Wars DVD camapaign drive started, various updates to the Star Wars DVD drive, news on Star Wars DVD release. I look on TheDigitalBits.com.... same thing...when will someone bring to Lucas's attention that there's something else in the world besides Star Wars? When will Lucas himself realize it?!?! Day after day more news about Star Wars and no news on Indy??? C'mon! I'm not asking for a daily update, but at least a few tidbits...everyone under the sun seems perfectly willing to "leak" info about Star Wars DVD's....are they afraid of some kind of radioactive contamination by talking about another Lucas property!??!!! I'm sorry, I'm not trying to come down hard on anyone at this board, I'm just mad at the situation and I just had to vent...I'm climbing down...ehhh make that using my whip to swing away...from my soap box now.

Regards,
Brian K.

: I heard Phantom Menace is being released on DVD fairly soon (sometime before 2005).

: This was confirmed by both LucasFilm and the Bearded One himself, after a change of heart about DVD. Hmmm.

: Does this mean Indy will be released as well. Just wondering if the Indy boffins know anything. I did read the post down a bit, but this news about TPM was pretty recent.

: Afro Dogwhelk, signing off...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]