I lament the lack of continuity between the three Indy films

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by the 'slinger from ww-tf02.proxy.aol.com on December 16, 1997 at 00:27:36:

I am a 'slinger. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly all wrapped into one like so many facets in a jewel. And why that doesn't mean much to you living in the modern world, it means a lot to me since I am from the wild frontier. You have, in effect, insulted my mule. And he doesn't like to dance. But compared to my complaint to voice towards the Speilberg, this is all sound and fury signifying nothing.

I lament the lack of continuity between the three movies. For whatever reason, I lament it. If it was because Speilberg had only a single 'creative and wonderful repatory stock company', so be it. Making one 1936 and the next (three years later) 1935, so be it. I lament it. I also lament the grave drought that has driven the cows away from my once green pasture. The wife and child cannot sleep at night because they know not whether food will sit on the table on the 'morrow. And yet, despite the moisture deprivation, the plow has rusted orange under the cold night air. I tinker and I tustle and still it has lost its edge. I lament that perhaps as much as the continuity. But then a man mustn't lament too much, or he loses his own edge.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]