Just got my Wested Jacket!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John from spider-tj021.proxy.aol.com on July 11, 1998 at 05:38:47:

It's finally here! In fact, it's sitting on my lap right now.
I can't even begin to express how satisfied I am with this product. I'm sure you've heard all the positive comments before, but I figured I'd just add a few of my observations.
First of all, the weight: This is a light jacket, but I feel that some may have over-emphasized this fact. I also own a standard A2, and the wested jacket is obviously significantly lighter than the A2. However, the wested jacket definitely still has some weight to it. I was expecting something equivalent to the weight of a flannel shirt, but was pleasantly surprised. If anything, I'd compare the overall weight to an average business suit jacket - maybe slightly heavier. I ordered a cotton lining, and after wearing the jacket for some time now, I would say that I could comfortably wear it in temperatures ranging from 40 - 75 (just my personal feelings).
I ordered my sleeves a little long (about 1 1/2 inches longer than my standard measurement, and I have to say that this worked out beautifully. My fit is very similar to Indy's in Raiders (note the intro scene as Indy holds up the tattered map at the brook side).
The texture of the leather is simply outstanding. As a base of comparison, I don't know if any of you have any experience with a full hide jacket (like the A2). The leather of my A2 is slightly bumpy and grainy to the eye and to the touch, but the Wested jacket is so smooth and soft that you can't help but touch it repeatedly. It is the most unique leather feel that I've ever experienced, and I have owned 4 other leather jackets in my lifetime (and probably tried on 100 or so). As I type while wearing the jacket right now, I notice how the leather flows and moves to the shape of my bent arms like soft silk or high quality cotton. Not only is it super soft, but this leather is also extremly durable. I've pulled on it pretty firmly in a variety of places, and I have no doubts about its lasting toughness.
This jacket is undeniably unique. I've worn it just twice, and already I've had to explain its unique origins to my inquisitive and fascinated neighbor. I know it sounds ridiculous, but this jacket has brought me so much joy. They say that money can't buy you happiness, but for about $270 or so, you can sure rent the hell out of it.
-John

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]