Thanks. That's just my spin on it. Oh, yes, please pass the dip...(grins) nm

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from 150.182.1.47 on April 20, 2000 at 19:35:33:

In Reply to: Re: Good Points posted by New Jersey Hughes on April 17, 2000 at 19:28:52:

: Michaelson, you lead by example. Your comments are the perfect example of how to voice your unhappiness, and be heard. So many people hide behind the anonymity of the Internet, and say whatever the hell they want, regardless of courtesy or common decency. Most things people say in a forum or chatroom, they wouldn't have the guts to say in person.

: If you're unhappy about George Lucas' current work, then you shouldn't bother going to see any more of it ( I mean, people in general). He's not a publicly-elected civil servant, and he doesn't 'owe' us anything. He didn't spend any of MY tax dollars cooking up Jar-Jar Binks, and if you're thinking 'what about all the money we've spent over the years on merchandise and support', remember the stuff you bought was your return. Lucas gave me STAR WARS and RAIDERS, and my childhood was a fun , fantastic place because of it. He doesn't owe me anything, and if he wants to make movies I personally don't want to see made, I sure as hell won't voice my displeasure by calling him names, blamimg him, or anything else uncool.

: Especially since I always remind myself that his kid PROBABLY has a computer and is PROBABLY connected to the Internet, and I wouldn't really care to be 9 years old and read death-threats from a stranger directed at my father...

: Everybody calm down, and have sone dip. Michaelson, I like the cut of your jib, mister...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]