I have it. It's a good program, too. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on April 23, 2000 at 15:24:09:

In Reply to: Indiana Selleck posted by Dakota Ellison on April 21, 2000 at 21:38:36:

The poster's name and registered IP address don't match. This post is probably the work of an impersonator, take it with a grain of salt:

: After reading recent posts about this and seeing those pictures, I
: did some checking.
: In 1980 Selleck had done the pilot of "Magnum P.I., but It couldn't have been a "hit" yet. I can't remember where I read this but there was some kind of writers strike at the time and Selleck actually could have done "Raiders", but they had already settled on Ford by this time.
: Selleck had not just done comercials, but had done parts in some 15 films by 1980. "The Sacketts" was done in 1979 . I'll bet this is what attracted Spielberg's attention. He also had a recurring role as a P.I. on the "Rockford Files".
: True, Selleck was not a great actor at this time, but he was not without experience. The same could be said about Ford. Take away 2 Star Wars movies and what's left?
: Ford made Indiana Jones his own. I don't deny that. But he had help. On the AFI tribute to Harrison, who did he give the biggest hug? Lucas or Spielberg? Spielberg; the man who gave him his breakthrough role, Indiana Jones, and made him a star. It could have been Tom Selleck. I would love to see the episode where Magnum spoofs
: Indy.
: Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
: Cheers
: Ellison

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL: