Hold on here guys.....you're forgetting something....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 007 from pm023-08.dialip.mich.net on April 24, 2000 at 08:06:18:

In Reply to: Why isn't Indy as cool as James Bond? posted by Nebraska Hank on April 23, 2000 at 18:41:42:

Being an avid collectory of James Bond memorbilia, and an avid Indiana Jones fan, and just can't help sticking my two cents into this argument. First of all, we must remember that Steven Speilberg wanted to direct a 007 film, but George offered him Indy instead. George even went on to say that part of Indy was based on Britian's secret agent, James Bond. Indy's dad, is played by who... James Bond. There have been several actors that have been in both the Indiana Jones films and James Bond. Yes, 007 has the cool gadgets, but like one of you pointed out, 007 is modern while Indy is in the 1930's. And if you ask me, the electric whip in the Infernal Machine was rather cheezy. And, yes, Bond does get hurt in some of the films. I'm sorry to say this, but whoever stated that he doesn't, must not have seen all of the 007 films. Bond does get all the women, but Indy gets some too, in fact, he got Allison Doody, who was in A View To A Kill, remember, she played Jenny Flex.... Yes, 007 does take on governments with as many people as the Nazis. Do you remember the Cold War? It was against the communists.
I love the James Bond films, and I love the Indiana Jones films, and I just can't stand this argument!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]