Indy didn't want to risk his neck [pun intended]. But:

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0109.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on April 24, 2000 at 17:33:12:

In Reply to: Worst scene in the Indy Jones films posted by Pearless Pearl on April 23, 2000 at 16:38:09:

: By far the worst scene in the Indy trilogy is when Indy pulls out his gun and shoots that poor guy with the long-bladed sword. That scene made Indy into a cold-blooded, heartless killer. I wish they would do a special edition and change that scene. It destroys the first movie!!!

As I see it Indy just dealt with the situation. He had already been fighting a bunch of baddies and he was short of time. Probably he did not feel compelled to become an amputee either. Also, the swordslinger must have seen that Indy carried a gun!

However, I will grant you this: The nonchalant manner in which Indy shoots the guy [like swatting a fly] is unemotional. Usually in action movies there is the moral justification for any means necessary. I call it the 'eye for an eye syndrome', which allows the hero to kill in the most cruel fashion. Last year's '8mm' dealt with that issue. Yet ironically the movie fell flat because it set itself up with all the violence. Fall Guy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]