Re: One thing I don't like though....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0455.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on April 27, 2000 at 18:35:01:

In Reply to: One thing I don't like though.... posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert on April 27, 2000 at 18:20:00:

:
: :
: : That IS good news! I'm really tired of using tapes, especially for collecting films. They take too much space and are a bit fragile. Every once in a while my VCR decides to 'eat' the tape [usually a favorite!]. There will be a time when Lucas will have to release his films on DVD because that is becoming the new standard [for the next 15 years anyway]. Close encounters? I saw it five years ago again on the big screen, but that copy was in bad shape. Let's hope we can watch that great film and Indy soon with THX sound! Fall Guy.

: Despite the fact that DVD is supposed to be so "Oooh" and "Aaah", I feel so damned attached to VHS, not to mention the fact that I own like 200 damn movies on VHS. Pretty soon I'll have to buy DVD versions of all those 200 movies! Where am I gonna store this stuff? :) But I still eagerly await E.T. on DVD!! I wanna see that little dude in superior sound and picture!!! :D

Well, I own a lot of movies that I just know will never come out on DVD and I am glad I have them on VHS. But I am not afraid that VCRs will disappear any time soon. Too many people will need them for a long time! I had to live through THREE different video systems [VIDEO 2000, Beta, VHS, not to mention VHS-C, Hi8, Laserdisc, etc.. The list seems endless]. I expect DVD to be compatible with future systems [that may be idle speculation]. Also, I certainly will replace my favorites with DVDs, mostly because of superior quality regarding picture [WIDESCREEN} and sound. And don't forget "winding" tapes. Yep, I'm lazy! Fall Guy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]