Re: Knife Answer followup

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gary Adams from 157.22.206.244 on July 12, 1998 at 22:40:54:

In Reply to: Re: Knife Answer followup posted by matt walker on July 06, 1998 at 12:54:49:

Could it be a Boy Scout Knife called the Wittler? they have a similer blade and shape and Indy was a Boy Scout.

: : : : : Does anyone know what kind of gloves and knife Indy used in Raiders? And where I can get them from?

: : : : : Matt

: : : : gloves - midwest quality gloves, model 850 - sold by a.m leonard out of ohio, ph# 973.773.2694, $22 + shipping. the knife? something i never thought about. does anyone know what type of pocket knife indy used in raiders?

: : : Case XX Rancher 2 blade. Still in production. Regards. Michaelson

: : My wife's uncle, a knife collector and tradesman, told me this tidbit of information. You can clearly, though quickly, see his knife as he closes it before cutting Marian loose in the tent. Case knives have always had distinctive shapes and sizes indicating the particular model to a collector. This knife is probably not the Rancher, as I stated, but is probably the Stockman, as an intrepid fan emailed me directly this morning. I'll have to double check this, but I believe he's correct. This is REAL old information from years ago, so I more than likely gave the wrong name. It did come with stag handles, and according to her uncle, ranged in the 4 1/2 inch length range, two blades. Pretty big knife for a back pocket, eh. Regards. Michaelson

: I e-mailed case knives and they said they have never heard of the rancher knife. SO, I guess it must be the Stockman. Or is it something else? Does anybody know for sure what it is because I don't want to go out and pay 50.00 for the wrong knife.

: Matt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]