You know what scares me even more, bud-arc?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from Port7.westworld.ca on April 28, 2000 at 18:34:54:

In Reply to: Ha-ha! :) posted by bud-arc on April 28, 2000 at 18:20:14:

: : ...and somehow make it an Indy-related post... let's see...

: : Oh, I know, online advertising. No one would try THAT one. So, uh, all you Indyfans, go to www.alladvantage.com and sign up, using HVR-816 as your referral ID, and help support poor JuggleEwok's cause.

: : It's, uh, exactly what Indiana Jones would do if he were alive, and alive today. Adventures? Nope, he'd use AllAdvantage.

: : No, no, that's not right...

: : How 'bout this, a bad joke, no one would do that.
: : What does a fish say when he swims into a concrete wall? "Dam!"
: : Ha ha ha ha ha!! That's the kind of joke Indy would tell if he were on the forum! Ha ha ha ha haaa!

: : Okay, I think I'll get out of the house for a while now and stop taking up server space. Sorry Micah, but anyway, thanks for being so nice about it, not like most grumpy online guys who would kick us out and stuff. Mmm, fresh air...

: Ha ha ha! The joke about the fish and the wall; that's a classic, man! I'm going to have to use that at cocktail parties! There's only one thing I gotta know...what in the hell triggered that whole barrage of humor?
: P.S. Yeah, Micah IS pretty cool about all this. That's what scares me...

Carnies. Small hands! Smell like cabbage (just had to put in a movie reference there bud-arc, :). But what seriously concerns me (and surprises me) is that nobody is protesting this whole humor-mania from the likes of you, graml, myself, JuggleEwok and other cool people. I swear man, if this was about one year ago or so. There'd be so much war and hostility it wouldn't be funny. Whenever I made a Star Wars post (I, like most people was all massively hyped up about TPM months in advance) or made humorous weird posts like "Imagine Yoda as Indy's Father" there'd be a whole barrage of people protesting against me and causing havoc and splitting up the forum into two camps (let's not forget the conflicts that occured with the Tessa story, too) and someone would have to resolve it or something (interestingly enough, nobody got mad when I posted "Imagine E.T. as Indiana Jones"). However, nobody seems to be speaking up against this new trend these days, but rather, they're joining in. I wonder why there's a change of heart. Not that I should be complaining or anything. :)

-----------------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]