Hmmm...*rubs chin like David Letterman does when he thinks of a flashback*

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from Port26.westworld.ca on April 29, 2000 at 01:25:03:

In Reply to: "I wonder... posted by bud-arc on April 28, 2000 at 20:52:14:

: ...wonder, who (be doo be doo), who wrote the book of love?" Sorry, I've got to stop listening to oldies and pretending I'm part of the cast of American Graffiti...
: Anyway, what I wonder is why people were so hard on you guys last year. Both you and graml have told me how the CUI have attacked you for posting...uh, creative, thoughts on this public forum. And what was the Tessa story anyhow? What I really wonder is what Michaelson's past is all about. He mentioned how he used to rowdy (sort of like us) in his earlier days on the forum. Was he really crazy like us? :) If so, maybe there's still a chance to convert him to...(*lighting strikes* *mysterious music suddenly starts playing* *etc.*)...the DARK side of the FORum! Bwa ha ha ha!

*thinks of "Brett and bud-arc's Gay Vacation* HEY WAIT A MINUTE!! Did I just say that out loud? Ooops. Scratch that.

(For those of you who don't watch Letterman regularly, that was a spoof of a skit Letterman did with Steve Martin entitled "Dave and Steve's Gay Vacation", that was just a joke think nothing more of it. I'm not gay, not there's anything wrong with that. :)

Anyway, my suspicion as to why people were so hard on people like us a year ago because it was basically a different group almost. There was a really mean guy named "Groo" who would bash anyone at will and cause havoc. He'd cause all sorts of controversy and start making fun of people with funny topics like that. Also Tessa was generally downright annoyed at almost every post I did because she always seemed to be in a bad mood (well most of the time, but that's all settled peacefully). Now, the people generally seemed to have lightened up. The Tessa story was a fan fic which featured Tessa and other forum regulars going through an Indy-like adventure. People protested to it since it dominated the forum massively and could have bordered on excess (depending on your point of view). As for Michaelson's past. I've only been around for a year, so I don't know of any craziness. He seemed quite normal to me. :) I find it hard to believe that he could have been silly like us but ya never know. Well, that is all I have to say about that.

-----------------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]