I don't buy supremacy!! (i.e. critics) Sorry, Red Hot Chili Peppers reference. :)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from Port2.westworld.ca on April 30, 2000 at 10:41:03:

In Reply to: the cynics and all my heroes in the Methadone clinics... (sorry, Kid Rock reference) posted by graml on April 30, 2000 at 08:41:03:

: : I just hope that they don't ruin anymore future events.But you know that that's there job and everyone should have their own opion.But the hype ruins it more,and it drives everyone crazy.I know I waited so long to see TPM since 1994 when Lucas said he was going to do another Star Wars Trilogy.And the critics do it everytime.A month ago John Travolta was filming a movie a couple of blocks away from where I live.And some local critics were already were saying things and the movie hadn't even been in theatres yet.

: I know what you mean. Critics can be a real pain in the backside. Just ignore them, like the way you always ignore the substitute ninth-grade math teacher who once told you that you'd be going straight to hell. (It's been eight years, and I still haven't been excommunicated) Besides, it's a critic's job to criticize, so just let them have their head. We don't need to pay any attention to them. If anything, the hype around Phantom Menace only made me want to see it more and prove the critics wrong. Just my two cents.
: -graml
: PS I think the worst part of Indy 4 will be the sudden influx of fair weather Indyfans. Fans who only remember Indy when he has a new movie out. Lousy good-for-nothing parasites... Oops, was that out loud?

Well, I understand you guys' point of view on that. But I'll have to disagree (partially). Although in the long run you should follow your gut feeling on whether you'd like to see a particular movie or not, but among the critics, the only one's opinions I really consider reliable are Roger Ebert, Leonard Maltin, and Gene Siskel (before he died). The others, I treat with a grain of salt. Now for Indy 4, like SW, I believe the film will be bullet-proof from any negative criticisms (provided there are any) and will attract a big box-office. It's only a critics opinion, it doesn't make them right or wrong. As long as they picked a good script and Ford looks convincing enough to pull off action scenes to the general public, all will be fine.

--------------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]