My guess...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from Port2.westworld.ca on April 30, 2000 at 11:03:52:

In Reply to: Indy in the classroom! posted by Reggie on April 28, 2000 at 23:19:56:

: Everyday in school, we have home room. It is where we hear mornig anouncements and salute the flag, etc. Strangly, this period it about 30 min long. So, we started bringing movies to watch on the school TV. I saw Forest Gump, The Matrix, Far And Away, and Rush Hour. Some others as well. I brought Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Suprisingly only a few seem to be interested in it. "Indy is gay" seems to be a major concern of the class now. I can only hope the film will pick up in the catacombs of Venice.-Reggie

I've learned from experience and observation that if someone is very enthusiastic about a movie, TV show, etc. and a group around them doesn't really like that certain person, they'll just make fun of their favorite show just to piss off the kid. For example, my brother knows this kid who's a HUGE Star Wars fan. He's a tad on the nerdy side, not very popular and always talks about Star Wars and wanting to dress up like one of the Red Guards the Emperor has in ROTJ for Halloween, the premiere of TPM, etc. The other kids around him immediately become turned off by Star Wars and start making fun of him saying "Star Wars sucks!" and things like that. Now I'm not saying that you are that nerdy kid with the fedora, Reggie. This is just a theory of mine. But I hope it does offer some insight as to why the other kids may not like Indy so much.

--------------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]