Re: Indy references abound in Broken Sword games

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from 216-119-34-17.o1.jps.net on April 30, 2000 at 19:18:40:

In Reply to: Indy references abound in Broken Sword games posted by Moribundman on April 30, 2000 at 19:10:28:

: Perhaps "abound" is overstating it a little... But there are a number of references, surely deliberate, in those games... I've just played through them (and CMI) again to celebrate the news on Monkey 4...

: But enough of that:

: * The globe-trotting format of the game in itself, and the "feel" of the locations chosen is strongly reminiscent of FOA.

: * When George (poss. as in "Lucas?!) manages to steal the manuscript from Khan, and Nico tells him she knows someone who can decipher it he says "Who's that, Indiana Jones?" (Copyright infringement?! ;-)

: * The body of the archaeologist who went missing searching for relics in Syria and got trapped in a temple (Klausner, I think) looks similar to the Sternheart corpse in FOA but is wearing a brown fedora, leather jacket and belt with whip attatched! A true homage (if a little disparaging to think that Indy could ever be caught in a trap like that!)

: * Both "Sword" games contain a number of "I have a baaad feeling about this!" lines.

: Anyone else noticed these?

Yeah, I remember all three of these things. Very cool. I think the guys at Revolution are really paying homage to the adventure genre and Indy. Not to mention both BS (not bull) games are very rich in archaeology, although Lobineau is pretty much a bad guy in BS2. As for your theory of the George Lucas name, I think they just picked George Stobbart because it sounds like an average American name. Then again, the guys who made it are situated in the UK, so what do they know? :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]