No problem, bud-arc

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from Port23.westworld.ca on April 30, 2000 at 20:12:20:

In Reply to: Cool. posted by bud-arc on April 30, 2000 at 19:36:39:

: I've always listened to Siskel & Ebert's reviews (whether I agree with them or not) and he always puts the movie in a different perspective for me. He can do this two ways: one, he can show me the crappy aspects of a movie he doesn't care too much for, and end up ruining the whole thing for me, or two, he can praise the movies both he and I like and make the movie a lot more enjoyable for me. Now, this is impossible to do with an Indiana Jones film because I LOVE them far too much to be able to like them anymore (on a scale from 1 to 10, it's a 342,544,523,234 to the 32534543th power). Anyway, thanks for the review, Lambert. I'm surprised that there's actually an action movie that Ebert has put so highly on his top list!

Yeah, I agree with ya there bud-arc! Ebert always has the way of making you see a movie in a different perspective. Whether or not you agree with his opinion, I always feel he does a great job of telling the audience why he feels that way and can make you understand his point of view. But if Ebert didn't like a movie I thought was great, it never ruins the movie for me. I usually think "Well he does have a point there, but overall I disagree." And with this review, he just reinforced why Raiders is Spielberg's best project (with the exception of E.T. of course :)

------------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]