Aw man! Sorry to see you go!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from Port8.westworld.ca on May 01, 2000 at 09:38:52:

In Reply to: A woodblock posted by I Quit! on May 01, 2000 at 04:56:35:

: This used to be a fun place to come to and discuss all things Indy, and what else we could find to relate to the topic just to have something to talk about. BUt, being here for four years is surely plenty enough for anyone, even a die hard like myself.

: Simply, nowadays, nothing of substance is ever discussed. Every 5 postings is lucky to contain a message at all, and every 10 gets beyond a mere sentance.

: Whenever I try to bring up something worth discussing as a thread, the topic is immediately buried under countless NIM messages, and very few bother scrolling down to see it. Those that do, choose to attack, most of the time, without even mentioning why they feel that way.

: CIP: My Phantom Menace post. I took the time to seriously defend the film on every count I could think of, fashioned it into a very well written post, welcomed feed back in the header, and then everybody else responds with simple agree/disagree statements, ranging from fairly perceptive, to the unimaginably stupid (Indiana Shorty comes to mind).

: Less than a full day later, someone else writes "it seems nobody in here liked that movie".

: Well anyway, before much else can even resposnd if they'd even liked to, we start a new board from scratch, one that is already filled with mostly crap posts. For as much as I like Short Round's enthusiasm, I must point a big finger at him, as I believe he created and most oft abused the (NIM) prospect. I wish him, and the rest of you, and especially Micah, well.

: Later dudes, The Ultraman

: 7:21, Leo, Neos, Tiga.

But why point a big finger to Short Round? He hasn't posted here all that much these days. Shouldn't the blame for all these crazy NIM's be pointed towards graml, bud-arc, myself, and JuggleEwok? I'm sorry if all our banter turned you off from ever posting here again. This is just what I saw happening, a protest to the NIM's (though happened a lot later then I thought). Though, this is not nearly as volatile as last year, thank God. I've always enjoyed your big long essay-topic type posts where you would either defend Young Indy, TPM, the novels, etc. Anyways, it's really too bad that you're leaving. Are you sure you can't reconsider and come back?

------------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]