Theory in LC

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by another Adam from ma52-mac35.pcs.ohio-state.edu on May 01, 2000 at 11:15:55:

In Reply to: 2 things to say posted by Henry Jones on April 30, 2000 at 12:48:24:

The story line in the film isn't (to my limited knowledge) true. I've never run across anything claiming it to be true, or even mentioning it. I've read that the Longinus spear (Spear of Destiny) was found in Antioch during the first crusade (which prominently is featured in the Grail Diary I'm writing), but other than that there is no mention of the three brothers. Indy calls it the "Arthur Legend", but the Arthur Legend is about the knights of the round tables quest. And a lot of those stories contradict each other, and the grail is "removed from the realm of man" in some of them. Even the texts of Troyes, Boron and Wolfram contradict each other. It's difficult to weave a tapesty of knowledge from the few scattered threads that we have, that are more than likely false, than true. But that is the essence of archeology: The search for facts, not truths (If it's truth you want...).

Ooops, maybe that WAS a bit too philosophical.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]