Hummm

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on May 01, 2000 at 12:26:25:

In Reply to: A woodblock posted by I Quit! on May 01, 2000 at 04:56:35:

: This used to be a fun place to come to and discuss all things Indy, and what else we could find to relate to the topic just to have something to talk about. BUt, being here for four years is surely plenty enough for anyone, even a die hard like myself.

: Simply, nowadays, nothing of substance is ever discussed. Every 5 postings is lucky to contain a message at all, and every 10 gets beyond a mere sentance.

: Whenever I try to bring up something worth discussing as a thread, the topic is immediately buried under countless NIM messages, and very few bother scrolling down to see it. Those that do, choose to attack, most of the time, without even mentioning why they feel that way.

: CIP: My Phantom Menace post. I took the time to seriously defend the film on every count I could think of, fashioned it into a very well written post, welcomed feed back in the header, and then everybody else responds with simple agree/disagree statements, ranging from fairly perceptive, to the unimaginably stupid (Indiana Shorty comes to mind).

: Less than a full day later, someone else writes "it seems nobody in here liked that movie".

: Well anyway, before much else can even resposnd if they'd even liked to, we start a new board from scratch, one that is already filled with mostly crap posts. For as much as I like Short Round's enthusiasm, I must point a big finger at him, as I believe he created and most oft abused the (NIM) prospect. I wish him, and the rest of you, and especially Micah, well.

: Later dudes, The Ultraman

: 7:21, Leo, Neos, Tiga.

Considering the fact that Micah plainly stated that this was not a SW forum, I was not surprised that most of those posts weren't responded to, as they technically weren't even supposed to appear here. I'm sorry to see you go to, and can also agree with the frustrations mentioned above, as it takes a ton of extra time to plow through the postings separating the "wheat from the chaff" items when searching for a particular piece of information buried somewhere in all that nm and nim stuff. A lot of that nm and nim statement does help move the string along, but it's the off the wall items that derail the discussion that I have problems with myself. Sure, I've tagged a line in here and there too, but not to the extent it's gone to lately. We're all losers here when someone decides to pull stakes and run. I've threatened to do the same once myself back in the distant past, but I've hung in here, as this forum seems to ebb and flow with new ideas and writers. A lot of them aren't to my liking either, but then that's what makes a GOOD forum good, the differing points of view and wide span of interests and experience that are represented by each and every member who chooses to participate. If you have decided to pull out, good luck to you too. After you've been away for a while, maybe you'll reconsider and stop in now and again. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]