Ah, my favorite subject

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-112.col.cableone.net on May 01, 2000 at 14:05:08:

In Reply to: Re: About fedoras... posted by Abner on May 01, 2000 at 13:31:23:

: : I would like to know your opinions on the different fedoras, and what do you think of each model. I also would like to know how good is the "licensed"
: : Thanks
: : --Henry

: Henry,

: There are at least two licensed versions- a wool one and a fur felt one. The fur is better, but the crown is still short and is in the cheezy teardrop shape. You can however steam out the teardrop to make it a little better. Still, I would stay away from these. If you can't afford a Herbert Johnson, from what I hear the Indiana Miller at $100 is pretty close. You'll have to change the ribbon, though. Check out indygear.com for more info.

: Cheers,
: Abner

I agree with Abner. The licensed versions are too short in the crown, and better replicas can be had. I would put my money on the Indiana Miller. This hat is close enough on the color, and the crown is as close as you can get in height and shape. Do get the unbashed version and with a 2 3/4 inch brim. I am convinced that this hat is the best one for the money. I own 3 of them. As far as the HJ fedora is concerned, I would love to own one, but just can't get up the nerve to pay the price that they ask, but I am getting braver each day. I don't think the HJ is any closer in looks than the Miller, but I would love to own one just because of the logo, and the fact that these folks supplied the hats for the movies. Regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]