I can even do a better Indy!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from 216-119-34-40.o1.jps.net on May 01, 2000 at 15:25:53:

In Reply to: Regarding those voices: posted by Fall Guy on May 01, 2000 at 14:34:42:

: : Has anyone been keeping up with the Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis II fan website? What I'm talking about specificly here is the "Talkie" section, where they express their ideas of including voice files in the game. Have any of you heard them? Now I know this is a low-budget production, but surely they can get better than that... So, I ask you, the Indyfans, what are your opinions on them? Download a few samples from them...here:

: Sadly I only kind of like the 'Nazi'. Henry sputters ok, but the timbre is off. For some reason Indy whispers and doesn't even have an American accent. As for Sophia, my download may be bad [it sounds like a glitch], but she is bleating. I'm sure they can do better than that!. Fall Guy.

Yeah, I agree with your comments. The only good one is the Nazi because it's in general, while the others we have something to compare it to. I myself have considered writing those guys for a chance to try-out for the Indy voice, but have not because I noticed that the same guy who does Indy is also the author of that particular page...:) But still, since they provide instructions on doing your own sound bytes, I may sometime decide to give 'em a taste of the ol' bud-arc deep, sexy (..uh, nevermind) voice. One can only try, and hopefully he'll give me a chance. The only problem is trying to convince him without insulting him...it could be tough. Also, the reason it doesn't sound American is because it ISN'T...I believe the guy who does it is German. I think some of us Indyfans should try out several parts...what do you think?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]