That's the ideal case.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0846.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on May 02, 2000 at 14:35:21:

In Reply to: My Opinion posted by Anejo Joe on May 02, 2000 at 13:49:59:

: When you load a musket with a .58 Minie ball, feel the kick against your shoulder, smell the smoke, and see what happens when the ball strikes the target, you get more of a realization of that war must have been like that you ever would reading a book or watching a movie. You can imagine what it would be like to be struck with a Minie ball. It's hard to imagine how anyone did and lived. If more people understood that first hand, maybe they would be less willing to fight. Just my thoughts.

But would ALL people come to this realization? Throughout history so many have had the experience of war, yet war exists. I just doubt that people will really learn from from experiences others have made before. Blowing up targets is a far cry from getting shot yourself or shooting someone else. And how do you give people a taste of nuclear or bio warfare? The whole topic could be discussed from many points of view, but this is the wrong forum. Let's not upset Micah! I appreciate your input! Best Whishes, Fall Guy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]