Re: after carefull examination...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from 216-119-44-251.o1.jps.net on May 02, 2000 at 23:00:03:

In Reply to: after carefull examination... posted by 3k$ on May 02, 2000 at 19:48:19:

: I was checking the Well of Souls sequence frame by frame today, looking for fedora shaping clues, when I decided that this was a good oportunity to try and determine if Marion was wearing any underwear-you know when she's hanging by the mouth of that big statue. Yes, she's wearing some nice white panties. I had been wondering about this for 20 years since I saw a dark patch there and wondered if that was black panties or if she was buck naked. The darkness may have been shadow or maybe a sling to keep her from falling as that probably is Karen Allen and not a stunt double. There is a one second shot from almost directly above where you can see it is her hanging there. I guess Ebert had his face in the popcorn bucket during this scene?

I, too, checked this part out (several times) and I have come to the conclusion that in that shot it was INDEED Karen's stunt double. Something about her hanging from there struck me as odd, and by watching the Behind-the-Scenes Raiders footage, I somehow determined that. Of course, I could still be wrong...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]