Good point, but, and also:

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0791.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on May 04, 2000 at 14:25:04:

In Reply to: Maybe I'm confused posted by Micah on May 04, 2000 at 11:48:44:

: You could mean movie clips, I guess. If so, someone might be able to help.

: However, if you mean that you want the full video of the Indiana Jones movies... For all of our sakes, buy the damn videos! Now some might say George is rich enough, or (insert personal rationalization here), and that may be true. My reasons are entirely selfish. We live in a capitalist society. Money is a big motivator. Everything Indy that we buy, whether they be videos, soundtracks, books, etc. is a vote for Indy, and we can't afford to abstain from this election. If Indy isn't seen as profitable, how can we every expect to get an Indy DVD, Indy IV, etc. If you have the option of buying a legitimate copy please take it.

: *steps down from soapbox*

: --Micah

When people copy movies for THEIR OWN private pleasure, then I don't think any harm was done. I assume people bought a legit original to begin with. However, if someone starts making their own copies - on whatever medium it may be - and then makes those copies available for everyone, then I don't consider that fair use anymore! That's doing business with someone else's copyrighted and trademarked property. In that respect I understand that Lucas has been hesitant releasing his movies in a digital form that eventually could be copied fast, inexpensively, and in high quality. Fall Guy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]