And don't forget the oldest trick in the book...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from 216-119-34-121.o1.jps.net on May 04, 2000 at 15:55:42:

In Reply to: It's also in the timing... posted by Michaelson on May 04, 2000 at 15:24:18:

: : I know how you feel. It took me almost a month of bidding every few days before I got a replica of the "Maltese Falcon." I'd been wanting one for about ten years and there's always a few up for bid on ebay but the price kept getting out of my range. It'd start around thirty dollars and then I'd get outbid at $85. But I stuck to my guns and kept plugging away til I finally got one for my price. It arrived last Friday and I love it. Keep trying and you'll eventually get your Indy stuff for a price you can live with. Don't let yourself get roped into overpaying though. If you just exercise enough patience there's no reason you can't get what you want for the price you want. Good luck.

: ...as you will see folks fighting tooth and nail over one item, and another identical item is on the same page, and no bidders at all!. I've picked up several items that, so what ever reason, just fell through the cracks at eBay and I picked up for a song. As they said above, patience is the key. regards. Michaelson

...overbid the highest bidder on the last day at the last possible second before the auction is over! I know it sounds dishonest, but it's been done so many times to me before, that I really don't care anymore. Like Michaelson said, you gotta fight tooth and nail over what you want!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]