Re: Hovitos paradise lost!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from sdn-ar-001vannewP300.dialsprint.net on May 05, 2000 at 19:51:59:

In Reply to: Hovitos paradise lost! posted by Dakota Ellison on May 05, 2000 at 19:24:30:

Yeah, archaeology is part science, part hypocracy. Indy went from claiming that artifacts (or artefacts for our friends in the UK) belong in a museum, to claiming that artifacts belong with their original owners (like in Mystery of the Blues). Don't get me wrong; I'd be out of work if it weren't for archaeologists. And I'm pretty sure that after what the Hovitos pulled (chasing Indy, killing his guides, etc), Indy wouldn't be feeling too generous :)

: In checking out the search facility, I ran across an interesting post on The Morality of Relic Hunting or something like that, but it asked why Indy (and Belloq) would steal the Hovitos sacred idol but give back the Sankara
: stone.
: This could be a neat 20 minute opening to Indy
: IV. The Hovitos lives are ruined. They are drinking moonshine and smoking cigarettes and yelling at their wives, all because their idol has gone. So Indy feels he has to make it up to them and get the idol back. Now I lean back and look at what I've written and....NAHHH!
:
: Cheers!

: Ellison

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: