Ehh...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shaggy from cx643543-a.msnv1.occa.home.com on May 05, 2000 at 23:54:28:

In Reply to: Hmmm... posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert on May 05, 2000 at 17:12:33:

The consensus on the TR movie is that it's going to be the worst game to movie conversion since Mortal Kombat II. Not only is it going to rip off Indy and give his beloved genre a bad name if it flops like all the other Jones immitators (Romancing the Stone, The Adventures of Alain Quartermain, Feodorin) except The Mummy, it will also have the same effect on the cast as a rock thrown at a large piece of glass has among a crowd of models: it's going to hurt somebody's career.

Unless Angelina can pull off a miracle, TR is going to be awful thanks to:
-A bad script (according to IGN Movies)
-An average director
-Hulk Hogan as one of the bad guys
-It's a movie based on a videogame
-If it presents one of those push the block, find the key puzzles every 15 minutes, people will start walking out immediately
-Bad casting (Just like the guy who plays Anakin needs to be 7 feet tall and he isn't, Angelina doesn't have the 250 pound hooters that brought us so much joy in the game thanks to Lara's genetics)

And if it's time your concerned with, then keep in mind they're spending about a year on visual effects alone.

ILM they ain't.

Personally, I'm not even going to bother with the Tomb Raider movie. I'm happy being agrivated and annoyed by the fact that I keep blowing $50 every time the Corgi-fearing Croft shows up on the PC.

Of course, that's just my take on it. ;)
-Shaggy

: Well, seeing as Indy 4's status is quite questionable and Ford certainly isn't getting any younger, I actually am inclined to say the Tomb Raider movie (gasp!) mainly because it'll be sooner. The TR movie might actually be pretty good. Angelina Jolie is very hot and she's won an Oscar so she can act. But if Indy 4 was actually going to begin shooting tomorrow or something, I'd want to watch Indy 4 first for sure.

: ---------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]