After thorough scrutiny...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0673.cvx7-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on May 06, 2000 at 00:53:43:

In Reply to: NO TRICKS-fake Indy - fake ark-it's true posted by 3k$ on May 05, 2000 at 19:45:52:

: I felt like a jerk cause you were right about the ledge making it look like Indy's wearing a short sleeve shirt and the angels have no waists but it still didn't look right. (1) when the ark is lifted from the stone ark-holder the line from the top of the angels heads to the start of the wings on their backs is a fairly smooth line only slightly broken by little headbands- The angels in the wall-shadow ark look like they have fat backpacks right behind their heads,and when the ark is going in the crate the line is smooth again (2) the shadow ark has blunt wings while the real ark wings are more tapered(3)the light source in the final sceen is coming from the right of the wooden crate meaning the fake ark and Indy throwing the shadows are to the right while Indy enters from the left. you can see the direction of the light soure from the shadow Indy's leg throws on the crate. " Knowing only then whether you have the one...true...ahhk?!"

I still believe it's just an illusion. We [the viewers] see the ark from a certain perpective. However, the lightsource casts a shadow on the wall from a different direction. Depending on the angle of the light source to the wall and our [viewer's] angle towards the wall, I would expect considerate distortion in the cast shadow. Or those two guys, whoever they may have been, were just carrying a light weight cardboard silhouette target...Fall Guy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]