Whoa! You used cereal boxes also?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0138.cvx7-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on May 06, 2000 at 05:11:33:

In Reply to: scientific proof, partner! posted by 3k$ on May 06, 2000 at 04:51:18:

: check this out Holmes- As the camera pans down from the wall shadow to the wooden crate, we see the shadow of Sallas robed legs below the knee shift 3or4 feet to the right due to a stone shelf at the base of the wall. If Sallah was to our left as we are supposed to belive, we would see his lower legs shifted to the left! To prove this I laid two cereal boxes on top of each other to get an upper wall and lower shelf-these are on a chair and I'm sitting in front of them on the floor with a table lamp with no shade by my left shouder-I hold a pencil in front of the boxes and the shadow indeed breaks with the shelf shadow to the left of the wall shadow. When I move the lamp to my right shoulder I get the same effect as in the film with the shelf shadow to the right of the wall shadow.!!! Something just occured to me- could they have been to our right behind us with a 2-dimensional cardboard ark then Indy ran over to our left and grabbed the real ark in the one second we only see the crate?-checking....No. not enough time..Elementary, Watson!

If I start experimenting with crunchy objects at this late [ahem, early] time, my girlfriend will kick me out, that's for sure. BTW, was this a controlled, repeatable experiment? Maybe we should devise a standardized method of checking the validity of shadows cast by mystical artifacts. Anyway, wasn't there a surprising amount of light in that scene anyway? Or was the ark the main source? So many questions and so few answers! Fall Guy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]