Nobel prize, hmmm, tempting:

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0138.cvx7-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on May 06, 2000 at 05:53:02:

In Reply to: Light source posted by 3k$ on May 06, 2000 at 05:29:56:

: I'm a visual artist STAY AWAKE there is only One light source behind the wall shadow figures for if there were more you wouldn't get one sharp shadow you woudld get TELL HER TO SHUT UP a number of shadows-did you check out the backpack angels vs. the nice eliptical eggs with wings angels? Working together on this we could win the Nobel prize

I just checked again. But the early morning hours are clouding my mind. Regarding the light source [s], there are more than only one! There is definitely that one main light that casts all those deceiving shadows. Then there are fill lights that give us some shadow detail. The fact that we can't see other shadows cast by the fill lights is due to the fact that the fill lights are large diffused lights that will not cast sharply defined shadows. Also the contrast range between highlights and shadow areas [ca 4 F Stops] will obscure those shadows. The main light on the other hand is obviously a focused spotlight [relatively small, but powerfull source], because that's what you need to get that kind of shadow, unless you put a light so close to the actors that they WILL catch fire. How's that? Fall Guy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]