Looks like I'm gonna have to "lear" you a thing or two...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from sdn-ar-001vannewP052.dialsprint.net on May 06, 2000 at 20:29:52:

In Reply to: Re: "Quick Marcus! To the Indiana Mobile!" posted by bud-arc on May 06, 2000 at 20:22:24:

: : : We saw Marcus's black coup (a 1936 Ford?) in Raiders. Was that brownish red sedan Indy's car? I always thought he would own a heavy duty flat bed or pick-up truck with a flathead 8. It just seems to fit the character. And the car in TOD Shorty was driving. Was that Indy's or a rental or Marcus's?

: : I like the idea of Indy having a truck, too. But as a city dweller, he probably had some sort of roadster. And I think the Dusenburg in Temple had to be a rental. Indy knew he wouldn't be in town too long, so he probably wouldn't go to the expense of buying a new car. Indy's best set of wheels? The sidecar motorcycle in Last Crusade!
: : -graml

: I personally think Indy would look good in one of those old-fashioned jeeps or something. I've always loved how those things look. Didn't Indy actually drive one in Infernal Machine?

A jeep in a pig's eye! (Yeah, I'm still talking like an old man) Jeeps weren't developed until WWII, so unfortunately, Indy couldn't take one in the thirties. I know, I know, a jeep shows up in Fate of Atlantis, but that's just some sort of research error (and if there's one thing I hate...).
-Mr Graml Smarty-pants

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]