Re: Listen, Steven,...Does this guys name HAVE to be "Shishak"?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Indy from user-33qt92r.dialup.mindspring.com on May 07, 2000 at 13:21:13:

In Reply to: Listen, Steven,...Does this guys name HAVE to be "Shishak"? posted by 3k$ on May 07, 2000 at 04:44:19:

Well, I don't know about that other part, :) but Shoshenk I (not Shishak) is the pharaoh they're refering to. I can't remember the exact details without looking it up, but he is famous for his campaigns Late Kingdom campaigns in the Levant, which included the sacking of Jerusalem in which he is purported to have carried away quite a bit of loot, including the ark supposedly. :) He was a 22nd dynasty pharaoh, with his political seat in Tanis. In fact I think he was the founder of the 22nd dynasty...

Regards,
-Mark

: Right before Indy says "Shishak", Brody shoots his hand up to his nose (indicating smell or preparing to pinch his nostrills shut,maybe) and after Indy says it he looks in the direction of the camera, probably at Spielberg, smirks at him, hand gestutes at him, makes a couple of exasperated noises, then turns his back on him in disgust. Is this Pharohs name an historical one associated with the Ark? Or is this calculated moviemaking magic? A lot of out-houses still in use in 1936, I guess.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]